Healthcare Assistant / Senior Healthcare Assistant (Days and Nights)
Come and join our family!
If you are new to care, don’t be put off from applying. We will support and train you if you have the right attitude and are willing to learn.
We are a family run, award winning care home group, looking for compassionate people with an interest in elderly care who want to make a difference! We really value our team and we ensure our pay rates and benefits are competitive, whilst offering you a friendly environment to work in with great training and career development!
Call our recruitment team to enquire: 0800 024 8756, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
…or pop in and visit our home any time for a chat over tea and cake!
Location: Hampden Hall Care Centre, Tamarisk Way, Weston Turville, Aylesbury, Bucks HP22 5ZB
Salary: £7.95 to £10.20 per hour (depending on experience)
Hours: Permanent or ‘bank’, full time, days and nights (39-44 hours per week) or part time. Optional paid overtime available.
Shifts: Flexible shifts (day and night)
Accommodation/Re-location options available
At Westgate we know our success depends not just on the happiness of our residents, but also on the happiness of our team. We are looking for caring people with a ‘can-do’ attitude who are great at using their initiative and will go the extra mile just to make someone’s day. We are currently recruiting for Care Assistants and Senior Care Assistants to support our elderly residents to lead their lives according to their preferences and physical and emotional needs.
Hampden Hall Care Centre is a 120 bedded care home with a lively atmosphere where we support elderly residents with a variety of care and nursing needs. We have a great reputation and the home is located within a delightful residential development in Weston Turville, approximately 1.8 miles from Aylesbury town centre in Buckinghamshire.
WHAT’S ON OFFER:
- Competitive salary (more than the average!), public holiday pay enhancements, flexible shifts (day and night), overtime available, contributory pension scheme
- Paid holiday entitlement – 5.6 weeks a year
- Statutory sick pay, maternity and paternity pay
- Free uniform and DBS cost refunded when you pass probation
- Free parking
- ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme with financial rewards of up to £500
- We pay you to attend induction, training and support you in achieving additional qualifications, including NVQ qualifications
- Re-location assistance or accommodation options available
- Great benefits package including childcare vouchers, mobile phone benefits, cycle to work scheme, long service awards and access to a wide range of amazing offers and retail discounts from hundreds of nationwide high street and online stores
- A positive and enjoyable work environment where we listen to your ideas and celebrate your achievements!
You will work in a team and build relationships with our elderly residents who you will support with their daily activities. You will not just be a carer, but you will be a friend who our residents can rely on to champion their dignity, independence and support them to live happy and healthy lives.
Every day will bring variety, whether you are assisting a resident to wash and dress in the morning, developing their individual care plan, or helping them choose and eat their favourite meal. You will be expected to think on your feet, communicate effectively, take on responsibility, prioritise your work load and keep accurate records. We will give you ongoing support, supervision and training to ensure that you can perform to the best of your ability and progress your career.
A full job description is available from our recruitment team!
- Right to live and work in the UK
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work in a team and take initiative
- Previous experience of working with the elderly is desirable but not essential
- Relevant qualifications such as NVQ in Health & Social Care are desirable but not essential
- Applicants must have a desire to care for others and be compassionate and flexible
Date advert originally posted: January 2019
Please note that this advert is part of a rolling recruitment programme due to end on 30th June 2019. Applications will be considered on an ongoing basis, therefore an early submission of application is encouraged.
“We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age."
- Job Title
- Healthcare Assistant / Senior Healthcare Assistant (Days and Nights)
- Posted on
- Mon 18th Feb 2019
- Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire
- £7.95 - £10.20 per hour
- Start Date
- 39 -44 hrs per week) or part-t
- Posted by
- Westgate Healthcare